EDISON, NJ, May 1, 2002 - For
the first time ever, the captivating excitement of Comedy Central's highly rated
"BattleBots" TV show comes to video gaming as Majesco, one of the
fastest-growing publishers of interactive entertainment, introduces BattleBots: Beyond The
BattleBox for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance. BattleBots allows gamers to participate in
the exciting world of over-the-top robotic combat and thrusts them into intense game play.
"We are very excited to be bringing one of today's most popular television
properties to a whole new audience." said Ken Gold, Vice President of Marketing.
"By its own design, BattleBots is an ideal property for the interactive arena."
A robotic clash of titans, BattleBots features 16 robots featured on the
show and allows players to create their own BattleBot through more than 1000 possible
combinations of weapons, chassis types and drive trains. Having created the perfect
BattleBot, players must then increase their skill in controlling their BattleBot in the
Upon winning a match, gamers are awarded cash, allowing them to upgrade their BattleBot
with a wide range of weapons and special features, such as Kill Saws and Hydraulic
Pulverizers. The video game takes BattleBots to a whole new level with real-life
engineering restrictions lifted and battle arenas that are even more deadly than the
In addition to the intense robotic combat, BattleBots offers the following key
- Head-to-Head Combat - up to four BattleBots can duke it out simultaneously;
- The BattleBox - the official arena of BattleBot combat rigged with all the Kill Saws,
Pulverizers, Ram Rods and more from the show that gamers can use to their advantage;
- Beyond the BattleBox - four additional arenas for robotic mayhem each with its
own unique hazards;
- Buy and Sell BattleBots - buy or sell customized BattleBots using the Link Cable;
- Four-Player, Free for All - up to four players can link up and battle it out in
- Training and Practice Courses - provides practice courses where players learn to
steer and control Bots, hit stationary and moving targets;
- Bonus Features - players can "unlock" special features through winning
BattleBots is being publicly unveiled for the first time worldwide during the
Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, May 22 - 24.