Dynasty Warriors is the kind of game where you just crack open a cold one, toss in the disc, and commence to wailing away on thousands of bad guys. There's really nothing quite like it, and this time out the game is packing a whole battlecart full of new and expanded features. Tide yourself over until the medieval Chinese action commences with a few screens and the corporate rundown on what to expect from Dynasty Warriors 5.
Here's the official word from KOEI:
DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 takes players back in time to where the mightiest warriors in history fought for control of the Chinese empire. The game's exclusive Xbox features include: Dolby(r) Digital 5.1 surround sound, never-before-released Japanese dialogue with English subtitles, or English voice option, plus reduced load times. Additional features include:
- A completely revamped weapons system and new moves including Musou Rage and character-specific jump attacks.
- Blazing 9-hit Evolution Combos and twice as many characters per screen than Dynasty Warriors 4 open the possibility for the previously unattainable 9,999 K.O.s!
- An enhanced battlefield base system challenges players' strategic decision-making in the midst of fighting.
- 38 completely redesigned battlefields that stretch for miles.
- A vastly improved graphics engine that reduces fog, delivers rich detail in the characters and environments, and eliminates any drop in frame rate.
- New Chaos difficulty level!
- A detailed history of the characters and events that shaped Ancient China!
Developed by KOEI's award-winning internal team Omega Force, DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 is a 1-2 Player game. DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 is rated "T" (Teen- Use of Alcohol, Violence) by the ESRB. DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 is available now for the PlayStation(r)2 computer entertainment system and will ship to North American retailers on September 13, 2005.